The "Coming Soon" property status on SFARMLS is live. The creation of the Coming Soon status was based on agent feedback and requests for more flexibility in marketing properties to the brokerage and agent community. The Coming Soon status allows agents to publicize new properties where a listing agreement has been signed but the property is not completely ready for marketing to the general public.
Highlights of the Coming Soon status include:
- The ability for MLS users to enter listings and share them only with other SFARMLS users until the property is ready to be marketed to the general public.
- The Coming Soon status keeps the Days On Market count at zero until the listing changes to Active.
- Coming Soon listings are only be viewable by other SFARMLS users.
- Coming Soon listings do not appear in client prospect folders or in client portal accounts.
- Coming Soon listings can not be sent out via a data feed to any external websites.
MLS participants can see a "Coming Soon" field on the listing input page. To take advantage of this status, you will just need to set this field to "yes" and also input a future On-Market date. The listing will then have a "Coming Soon" status that will automatically change to the Active status when it reaches the On Market Date. Days On Market will begin accumulating once the listing goes Active.
Please note that the Coming Soon status will not appear on the 24-Hour Market Watch module on the MLS home page. This functionality will be added shortly.