January 25, 2021
From 2021 SFAR President Dan Hershkowitz:
Let’s continue to work together to keep each other safe. Please follow all existing COVID-19 safety procedures as outlined by CDC, Cal/OSHA and the County of San Francisco.
As a reminder, here are the guidelines you are required to follow when conducting your real estate business.
- No Open Houses
- No In-Person Broker Tours
- Occupants and tenants may NOT be present during a showing.
- Entry into the property is limited to no more than TWO persons from the same household and ONE real estate agent at each showing appointment.
- As set forth in the CDC and Cal/OSHA guidelines, the property must be cleaned before and after each appointment/entry.
- All visitors must wash or sanitize their hands immediately before or upon entry into the property.
- All visitors must wear face coverings.
- The showing agent should open windows (and doors) to promote airflow, circulation, and ventilation.
- Inspectors, photographers, stagers, appraisers, and other third parties necessary for the essential business of real estate may enter the property under the same CDC, Cal/OSHA and County guidelines. Note however, County guidelines mandate that buyers shall NOT accompany an inspector inside the property.
- All CAR, CDC, and Cal/OSHA guidelines must be strictly followed, including the publication and posting of the CAR PRE (“The Plan”) and the use of the CAR PEAD forms, including the PEAD-V, PEAD-S, and the tenant specific PEAD-LR. The PEAD forms must be updated (and signed) daily and/or as circumstances change for each new daily entry.
- The use of a lockbox is discouraged and should be avoided entirely for tenant-occupied properties.