The information below follows our April 15, 2021 announcement regarding San Francisco's revised real estate showing procedures and guidelines. CLICK HERE for that announcement.
- The amended health order of April 15, 2021 impacts San Francisco only. The statewide measures remain. Local requirements in other counties are unchanged at this time.
- State CAL-OSHA Guidelines which currently require PEAD forms remain unchanged.
- A fully executed PEAD form signed the same day as the appointment is compliant with the local health-screening requirement. If the PEAD is not signed the same day as the appointment, the agent must verbally confirm the PEAD health screening answers are still accurate. Please consult your broker for individual practice guidance.
- One of the agents will have to be responsible for the entry requirements. Either the listing agent (or team representative) in attendance, or the Buyer’s agent via lockbox. Double booking with a lockbox appointment is probably asking for trouble. Likewise trying to manage “walk-up” neighbors without the listing agent present is also tricky.
- For those of you wondering, Calendly DOES have a “Group” function where you can schedule multiple parties at the same time. When setting up your event type, choose “group” and then you’ll be able to choose how many participants at a time and how long each block is. For example, on a Sunday, you could open up the schedule from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. and have twelve 15 minute blocks that you allow 3 parties each to sign up for. When a buyers agent goes to calendly, they will see how many spots are available for a particular slot and can sign up for any of the available slots. Calendly will close off that slot when all allotted spots are taken.
For those using ShowingTime, see the User Guide:
- In the Listing settings, an agent can choose to Allow Overlapping Appointments.
- You have 3 options to choose from:
- Yes, No need to inform the buyer's agent;
- Yes, Please tell the buyer's agent ahead of time; and
- No, exclusive showings only
- Tenants rights and procedures regarding tenants is unchanged. Per County health orders, the property may not be shown while the occupants (tenants / residents / owners) are present. They must leave during the showing.
Let’s not forget:
Masking and social distancing and ventilation; and
Same-day health screening questions or same day PEAD.
BIG DIFFERENCE: You can schedule (via appointment) multiple parties or people at the same time so long as you screen (health questions or same-day PEAD) and are able to maintain social distancing etc.